Sunday, March 23, 2008

I love my job

Last week, I had a kid walk up to me in the hallway and hold up a PSP where I could see it. I told him that, per school rule, he couldn't have that out during the school day and he needed to put it up.

"No," he said, "I'm not trying to play it. I want you to take it. I got God of War: Chains of Olympus last week, and I already beat it twice over the weekend. I know you don't have a PSP, so I brought you mine so you could play it."

I love that my students and I can talk about video games and things like that, and they'll respond by wanting to play them with me. They want me to like the games they like. They want to talk to me about games, get my opinions, ask me what else is cool, and tell me that they think is cool. I have such influence over these kids, it's shocking.

BTW, I played Chains of Olympus until the PSP lost its charge. SWEET! Now I want a PSP.

No comments: